Monday, July 19, 2010

A Personal Anti-Bias Creed

My Personal
Anti-Bias Creed


I will respectfully disagree, stand up for those who are alone, be kind to people of all religions, cultures, and nationalities. I will show my opinion in a calm, but passionate way. I will never give up on what I believe is right. I will be an example of what I preach, strive to turn people away from bias, discrimination, or any other prejudicial act. I will always try to bring someone's attention to their own bias and hope that they would do the same for me. I will love everyone in the world, although I will not conform to some of their biased ways. I will not be afraid to stand up to my friends, strangers, or even my family members . I will not back down, no matter how much I am persecuted or taunted. I will do my very best to eliminate hatred, violence, prejudice, bias and discrimination in the world.

by a NLR Mayor's Youth Council member who attended "A Testimony to Tolerance" Institute

No comments: